Hysteria Lane
 
i am making no promises...if i have something to say i'll post it here...
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
snicky snacks


In Celebration of a wonderfully extraordinary woman on her Birthday I am posting a poem I wrote for and about her. We share a love for many things...a good book, the beach, sea shells, booze (:-0) and naps. Her naps took place most afternoons and were lovingly referred to as "going horizontal". My naps are few and far between. I miss my naps.....and my Nana.


Going Horizontal


Vertical! Vertical, I say.
For one day we will all be horizontal.


Finding beauty in simple things,
Dreaming because you can.


Summer is our time,
Sun shine, sun shine.


Laughter, better than medicine.
Better than a Manhattan .


A beacon home,
Your house was mine.


Where else can a sigh
send you reeling,
nostrils flaring,
eyes dripping,
table slapping
Into evening.


Collapsing into cold, soft bed linens.
Hush and roar of oceans wave.


Waking to mouthwatering smells
Of sizzling bacon.
The laughing gulls call.


Two words.
Butter.
Cake.


I will meet you there someday.
We will walk to the point and back
Picking sea shells from the sand.


Labels: , ,

posted by averagejane @ 11:34 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: averagejane
Home: Texas
About Me: In spite of everyones best efforts to make me someone I am not, I became me. I like me.
My Profile
Previous Post
Archives
Worth Sharing
Third Time's A Charm
...a smart blog
Cake Wrecks
...hillarius