Hysteria Lane
 
i am making no promises...if i have something to say i'll post it here...
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
let them eat cake

I treated myself today. For a whopping $6.00 I purchased a large slice of decadent white chocolate ganache cake. It was a piece of cake worth waiting for. All afternoon this piece of cake teased me. Every time I opened the refrigerator there he was, the best looking piece ever created. The time was growing near. I fed the children put and them to bed. I poured myself a glass of red wine, grabbed a fork, the cake and off to my bed I went.

It was the perfect setting for self-indulgence. Feather bed, feather pillows and complete silence. As I took the first forkful, my mouth was watering. With great expectation I bit into the driest piece of cake ever made. Cardboard has more moisture in it than this cake! To say I am disappointed would be an understatement! I have had brownies that tasted better than this shit.

As I choked down another dry bite of cake I thanked the gods for delicious wine, feathers and silence.

Labels: , ,

posted by averagejane @ 12:16 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: averagejane
Home: Texas
About Me: In spite of everyones best efforts to make me someone I am not, I became me. I like me.
My Profile
Previous Post
Archives
Worth Sharing
Third Time's A Charm
...a smart blog
Cake Wrecks
...hillarius