Hysteria Lane
 
i am making no promises...if i have something to say i'll post it here...
Monday, August 25, 2008
why did you throw your clock out the window?
As the first day of first grade comes to an end I cant help but reminisce about the other firsts that have passed and wonder about the firsts that have yet to come.

We all know ‘time flies when you are having fun‘ but that old adage doesn't apply to the time in my day today. It seems as if I have been sitting here in anticipation for weeks. Awaiting the news of the day from my Baby who is growing too fast. When I took her picture this morning her smile was reminiscent of her first smiles, teeth missing, ear to ear and full of happiness. Just as before, I see nothing but hope and joy and promise and possibility.

Being a parent is incomparable to anything else I have ever done. Each day something is said or done that has never been said or done before and all of these little details that make up one persons life are forgotten. Days aren't remembered, only events. Even some events are devoured by time. With children you are forced to live in the moment but even then the moments hurry past you as if they are being chased. And although I can't wait for 3:15 to come so I can see her glorious face, I will wait, because most days become weeks before you realize.

But I am curious, what would happen if I threw my clock out the window? Would 3:15 come sooner?

Labels: , ,

posted by averagejane @ 1:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: averagejane
Home: Texas
About Me: In spite of everyones best efforts to make me someone I am not, I became me. I like me.
My Profile
Previous Post
Archives
Worth Sharing
Third Time's A Charm
...a smart blog
Cake Wrecks
...hillarius